Grafton Massachusetts History

Grafton Common is considered the most typical of all the typical houses in the Blackstone Valley and has many historic houses and church buildings. Over the last 31 years, over 1,000 houses, churches and other historic buildings have been listed, but some of the houses have been sold and others have not. GRAFTon includes the cities of Farnumsville - Fisherville, Saundersville and Axtell Corner, including its historic Town Hall, Graft on the Common, and many of its churches and public buildings, including St. John's Episcopal Church and Church of Christ, Jesus Christ of Latter, among many others. These include historic town halls, schools, hospitals, parks and churches.

Historic highlights include Grafton Common, the historic Town Hall and many of its churches and public buildings, among others.

The improved clock, often referred to as the Banjo Clock, was made in Roxbury, Massachusetts (around 1810), and the tower clock at the end of the room, in 1839, by Aaron Willard Jr. (1783 - 1864) for the Methodist Church in Marshfield Massachusetts. A one-bedroom farmhouse was built there in 1718 by the first settlers of what is now Grafton.

After almost twenty years of settlement, Grafton was named after Charles FitzRoy, the 2nd Duke of Grafton. Mr Nelso bequeathed his house, books and art to the library, as well as $1,000 in his will. The North Graftedon branch reopened in 1935 at Nelson Park and the South branch in 1946.

The library is housed in a room in the Warren Block, now known as Grafton Townhouse, one of the rooms on Grafton Common. The campus was originally built from the former Nipmuc's plantation, the first of three Hassanamisco plantations that had been demolished. Anglo - American settlers when it was sold to them in 1728 , he lived there with his family until his return from the war and the settlement left 1,200 hectares, which were divided up as part of several separate plots of land in the city, all renamed Graftedon. This area, later called G-Grafton, had originally been called Township and was largely owned by state speculators.

The six villages were the centre of production activities and were called G - Grafton, Graftedon Townhouse, Warren Block and Warren Village. These included the city's first post office, the town hall, a school, an elementary school and a hospital. The six villages were a center of production activity and at that time formed one of the most important commercial centers in the state of Massachusetts.

Grafton is a small town of about 2,000 people located southeast of the city of Worcester and consists of three villages: Graftonsville, Graftedon Townhouse, Warren Block and Warren Village. It consisted of a town hall, a school, an elementary school and a hospital, as well as a post office, the town hall and the city library. GRAFTon consisted of two communities, a townhouse and a village, each with its own street names and streets.

Belcher chose Grafton to honor his friend and roommate from Massachusetts, the late William Belcher. The city was named after the title created by his son William B. B. Belcher Jr., the first governor of Massachusetts in 1812.

James Brown's mother Hannah chose the name Grafton in honor of his mother's hometown of Upton, Massachusetts. While the Browns prospered and spread to other Maine cities, there is no evidence that the founding family still lives there. Today, the G grafton family, who have settled in other Oxford County towns, live in their hometown. Massachusetts is rich in indigenous history, and although it has been respected and taught to us, it is often forgotten in our time.

Although the city never grew larger than 115, the period from 1850 to 1880 was a period of growth and activity. Much has been produced in the area, as Grafton now offers the charm of a small town that attracts people from all over Massachusetts. As a settlement around the city of Boston, this history has left an indelible mark that has stood the test of time.

Grafton and Upton Railroad currently operates a freight line in the city, linking the Framingham-Worcester line with the Franklin Line in Milford. The city was founded in 1735 and developed into a centre for trade, commerce and industrial activities in the western part of the state. The company remained on a three-mile narrow gauge line until July 1887, when it was renamed GRAPHON-Upton, but moved to normal gauge, setting its destination to the southeast, Milfords. It currently operates freight lines in and around the city, linking the Framingham and Worcester lines with the Franklinton Line and the Milford Line.

The Grafton and Upton CF7-1500, built as the Santa Fe F7A-306L, stands in a yard in North Grafton, Massachusetts, as seen here on August 1, 2014. The former SantaFe unit was converted from the former Boston & New York Central Railroad (B & O) to the North Grafton, Massachusetts State Railroad (MSS) shipyard in August 2014.

More About Grafton

More About Grafton